Over the years, my family has enjoyed stays at several different Disney World resorts. While all of the resorts have their good points, the Beach Club ticks so many boxes that it's become our family favorite resort!
1. The location of the Beach Club allows us to walk to two parks: EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Being able to walk significantly cuts down on our time waiting for a bus and enables us to start having fun right away.
What I also love about this location is how peaceful it is. And, when the Boardwalk is all lit up at night? MAGIC! I know many people enjoy the Magic Kingdom resort area. And, I understand that perspective. But, to me, it's hectic there. You have Ferry Boats coming from the Ticket & Transportation Center, water taxis from all the resorts and it's just very hustle bustle. In contrast, the EPCOT resort area offers a peaceful, idyllic setting with Crescent Lake at it's center.
2. The rooms were recently renovated (though they were nice before that as well) and are spacious and comfortable. With our children growing into teenagers, a little extra space really comes in handy. Many rooms are furnished with a daybed plus two comfortable queen-size beds.
3. The lobby smells amazing. No, seriously. That heavenly scent welcomes guests and lets you know you are in a special place.
4. The Pool - Stormalong Bay is the largest pool (really a mini water park!) on Disney property and offers fun for everyone. There's a huge slide, the Flying Jib with twists, turns and a big splash at the end. A sandy beach, a whirlpool area and a lazy river - all right at your resort! What could be better?
5. The dining - Cape May Cafe, located just off the lobby hosts Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast with Minnie, Goofy and Donald attired in their best beachwear PLUS a crepe station!! For dinner, enjoy their Seafood and More Buffet. Beaches and Cream, along with the famous Kitchen Sink sundae, is also located at The Beach Club. (Reservations for all of these experiences are strongly recommended.)
So, that's it! My list of why we enjoy other Disney Resorts, but keep coming back to The Beach Club.
Mary Graham is a Vacation Specialist with Coasters & Castles Travel. She lives in North Carolina and has visited Walt Disney World 15 times, with just her husband and with children. Her favorite character is Dumbo and her favorite ride is Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Contact her for help planning your vacation at firstname.lastname@example.org.