Personally, I think every year is a great year to visit Walt Disney World. But, if you are on the fence about making the trip in 2018, here are some reasons to take the leap and go in 2018.
1. 2018 is likely the calm before the storm. We heard so many amazing announcements at the D23 Convention in 2017, and, some of the new attractions will open this year (like Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios). However, the REALLY REALLY big one, Galaxy's Edge (aka Star Wars Land) will open next year, in 2019. So many Star Wars fans are holding off and saving their money for that juggernaut to open. I say, take advantage of the smaller crowds while you can!
2. All the Festivals at EPCOT! Right now, we have Festival of the Arts (January 12-February 19. In the Spring, guests can enjoy the International Flower & Garden Festival (February 28-May 28) which is just such a lovely time at EPCOT. The gardens are so pretty and the character topiaries are so fun. And then in the Fall comes to ever-popular International Food & Wine Festival that just seems to get bigger and better every year. And, then the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays wraps up the year. Choose what appeals to you because they are all a lot of fun!
3. Last year we saw closures of some fan favorites like The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure. While new attractions will take their place, you never know what else will close. There are rumors of Tomorrowland Speedway and IllumiNations (my family's favorite) ending. We want to see it one more time for sure!
4. Toy Story Land!! Have you seen the videos of Slinky Dog Coaster? So adorable!! Any Pixar fan has to be excited to see more of their favorite characters making their way to Walt Disney World. This land looks to be as immersive as Cars Land out in Disneyland. This addition will make Hollywood Studios a full-day park once again.
5. If you haven't been to Disney Springs, you need to make some time to shop, eat and enjoy this amazing area. The new dining locations just keep
opening and they are fresh, innovative places. A week of dinners would not be enough to experience: The Edison, Mario & Enzo's join recent additions Chef Art Smith's Homecoming; Morimoto Asia, Frontera Cocina, D-Luxe Burger, The Polite Pig and so many more!
So, I think 2018 is a great year to visit Walt Disney World in Florida. Life is short: take the vacation!
Mary Graham is a Vacation Specialist with Coasters & Castles Travel. As an Annual Passholder, she has visited Disney World at all times of year for many years. Her favorite character is Dumbo and her favorite ride is the new Flight of Passage in Pandora - World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom.