Sometimes we hear from our clients that they wonder if EPCOT would appeal to their kids. They feel it won't hold their interest and think it's a park they can skip on their trip to Walt Disney World. Nothing could be further from the truth!
Our kids love EPCOT and here's why:
- Great kid centered attractions, like Frozen Ever After in the Norway pavilion in World Showcase and Nemo and Friends in The Living Seas located in Future World. In The Land Pavilion, you will find a family favorite. Living with the Land takes you on a gentle boat ride through working gardens. You see pumpkins growing in the Cinderella carriage shape, hanging tomatoes and spices like black pepper growing.
- Awesome character meals like Garden Grill (with Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale)
and Akershus with SO MANY PRINCESSES offer a wonderful experience for kids to meet favorite characters.
- Unique character meet and greets. Did you know that the Norway Pavilion in World Showcase is the ONLY place in all of Walt Disney World to meet Anna & Elsa from Frozen? It's true! AND, you can meet Belle in her blue dress, Snow White, Mulan and other characters. You can also meet several members of the Fab Five at the Character Spot in Future World. Joy and Sadness from the Pixar film "Inside Out" meet across the walkway along with Baymax from "Big Hero 6."
- KidCot stops in each country where children can meet a Cultural Ambassador from the country and color a keepsake mask or fill in a passport or festival booklet.
- World Showcase shopping locations spark imagination with authentic clothing, food and housewares. My kids particularly love Mitsukoshi in the Japan Pavilion. Japanese culture has permeated the rest of the world with characters like Pokemon, Hello Kitty, Mario Brothers from Nintendo and Totoro from Studio Ghibli. This shop is like a pop culture super store with character items galore! My girls have enjoyed trying the candy and tea there as well.
- Special events for the various festivals. Check out the Imagination Play Garden at the 2018 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. It's AMAZING!! And, there's a shady spot for parents to SIT DOWN!!
So, please include EPCOT in your vacation plans. Grown ups and children will find PLENTY to do at this amazing park!
Amy Flanagan is a Senior Vacation Specialist with Coasters & Castles Travel. As an Annual Passholder, she visits Walt Disney World several times each year and has also traveled on Disney Cruise Line. Mary Graham is a Vacation Specialist with Coasters & Castles Travel and also is an Annual Passholder. She visits Walt Disney World often. Both plan amazing trips for their clients.