Here is an informative piece by April Botta & Lynne Macolini, the Owners of Coasters & Castles Travel on their recent cruise to Alaska!
We are the owners of Coasters & Castles Travel and we went on an Alaskan Expedition Cruise with American Queen Voyages. We categorize it as a Hybrid Expedition Cruise. One day you were in port and the next you were doing expedition activities, like science projects, lectures, zodiac rides, and kayaking. Alaska was on our bucket lists, but once we went, once was not enough.
We have had advisors send clients on Alaskan cruises with Silversea Cruises and Disney Cruise Line. All really loved their experiences. There are many ways to travel on an Alaskan Cruise: Luxury (Silversea Cruises, Holland America Line, and more); Expedition Cruises (Linblad, Uncruise, Hurtigruten and more), Small Ship Cruising (Oceania Cruises and more), and of course our hybrid expedition (American Queen Voyages).
Do you have dreams of going to Alaska? Well, make those dreams come true and jump aboard one of Alaska's most popular cruise lines. You won't regret it. We want to tell you of the six most significant reasons you should cruise to The Last Frontier sooner rather than later.
1. You decide which cruise line to take. Sailing in Alaska extends from the middle of May to mid-September. During these months, you won't likely see a shortage of cruise line options. Choose to go on a luxury or expedition-style cruise or maybe something a little more unique.
2. Alaska is desirable to people of all ages and tends to be high up on many bucket lists. Many families come here each year to enjoy the beauty of the great state and the broad scope of activities and events.
3. The wildlife is absolutely out of this world. When traveling to Alaska by cruise ship, don't be surprised to spot bear hunting for fish, whales, eagles, and several other beautiful creatures.
4. Dare to go dog sledding? You may have to take a helicopter ride to get into the mountains first. This could be one thrilling adventure. Best of all, you get to hang with sweet huskies all day.
5. Go on a land tour before or after your cruise. Hike through the Denali National Park
or the Kenai River Valley.
6. Sadly, Alaska won't be as charming as it is now, forever. Right now, you can see the
nation in all of its iconic glory. From lush forests to enormous glaciers, there is so much to admire before global warming takes it all away.
Alaska truly is one of the most magical places on Earth, and it's right here in the United States. If you, like almost everyone else, have "visit Alaska" on your bucket list, what are you waiting for? There's no better way to visit the state than by ship, so contact us now to start learning of all the cruise line options. Before you know it, you'll have a one-of-a-kind vacation planned that will undoubtedly bring you memories that last a lifetime.
Does an Alaskan cruise on your bucket list? Reach out to one of the wonderful travel advisors at Coasters & Castles Travel.
Check out their website at http://www.travelcnc.com and click the button below to make your vacation dreams into reality.