On our last visit my husband and I stayed at the newly renovated Coronado Springs Resort so I made reservations at the new restaurant at the top of the Gran Destino Tower, Toledo - Tapas, Steak & Seafood. We were on the Deluxe Dining Plan and, at one table service credit per person, I'd consider it a value, if you like authentic Spanish flavors. They have a unique menu and I wasn't in love with some of the flavors, but they won me over once we got to the entree. And, of course, the drinks were great!
To give you an idea the Deluxe Dining Plan for 2019 costs $116.25 per person per night. We were able to each order an alcoholic beverage, appetizer, entree and a dessert. It's a lot of food but if you love to eat great food and try new things like us, totally worth the cost! This dinner was $135. Our total food and beverage costs on the dining plan was around $830 but the plan cost us $697.50!
I'm glad we tried Toledo but with so many great options all over property it may not be one of my favorites to revisit. It was a very long experience, so I probably wouldn't bring my kids. We were some of the first guests seated but were there for almost two hours. If you're looking for a nice, relaxing meal with beautiful views, great food and in no rush then this will be great for you! If we stay at Coronado in the future I would love to go back and try some of the Pintxos plates or House Boards.
· Savory Churros are unexpected, colorful and fun. My husband enjoyed them more than I did though. They were fried perfectly but the flavors were just not for me and it’s a very heavy appetizer. They are sprinkled with lost of paprika and Manchego cheese.
· Jamon Serrano and Compressed Melon was more for me. I prefer a light appetizer, so I have room for my entree! The flavors were great together, the salt of the meat and sweet of the melon.
· I wouldn’t get the Savory Churros again but I’ve read other positive reviews on them, so they are worth a try. It’s not something you see everyday! There were a lot of options, so I’d like to go back and try the Charred Octopus, Garlic Shrimp ‘Pil Pil’, Heirloom Tomatoes or Romaine Salad. Plus, I love cheese so any of the cheese boards would be fun to share.
· We ordered two Sangrias since we each prefer a sweeter wine. Espumoso Punch and the Sangria Tinto. Both were great, fruity and sweet but not too sweet.
· They were both similar and very good so I don’t think I could choose, get both!
· The meal for me really turned around once we got our entrees. The Hanger Steak was beautifully presented and fantastic. I loved the addition of the watercress and creamy salsa verde. Plus there were baby potatoes underneath.
· My husband got the Manhattan Filet and we both loved it. The steak was cooked perfectly, and the potatoes were a perfect accompaniment (plus I loooove potatoes!). The apple date paste was a lovely addition.
· Both were fantastic, so I’d get either one again or maybe try the Scallops. If I had to pick from the two I’d go with the Filet.
· 'The Toledo Tapas Bar' was wonderful and fun to eat with different flavors as you move along. Spanish coffee, crunchy chocolate, raspberry mousse, lemon curd and vanilla mousse. You should really take your time and enjoy every bite!
· Classic Crema Catalana. I'm a big fan of creme brûlée so I had to try it. Like my appetizers, I prefer a lighter dessert! It had a nice orange flavor but maybe too much. I don’t think it compares to other creme brûlées on property I’ve tried.
· The winner was the Tapas Bar!
Melissa Lenox is a Vacation Specialist with Coasters & Castles Travel. She is a former entertainment cast member, loves Star Wars, Chip 'n Dale, dining at Walt Disney World and planning trips for others! Contact her at email@example.com or follow her at www.facebook.com/MelissaLenoxCoastersandCastlesTravel