It's no secret that Amsterdam is one of the most exciting places on this Earth to visit. With its rich history, artistic legacy, intricate canal system, and abundance of museums, you will find that there is so much to do and see in the time you are there to visit. To help you come up with somewhat of an itinerary for your vacation, we've decided to write out a list of the top 5 things to do while you're in Amsterdam.
1. Take a walk through the wildflowers. Amsterdam takes great pride in its bulb flowers,
especially tulips. Visit the amazingly vibrant bulb flower park in Lisse if you wish to see
the tulips in all their glory. If you happen to miss the tulip season, don't worry. There are
plenty of bulbed flowers that grow year-round at the park.
2. Take a historical canal ride. The water tours of Amsterdam are some of the most desired. Since there are hundreds of canals throughout the nation that were created just for travel, there is no reason not to give this popular attraction a try. During your gentle water ride, you'll get to view some of the country's most detailed architecture and most beautiful landscapes.
3. Visit one of the many spectacular art museums or history museums. Check out paintings by Rembrandt, Van Gogh, or other world-renowned artists or revisit history by walking into the Anne Frank House, where you can see the secret annex where Anne hid during World War II.
4. Walkthrough De Wallen, the nation's red-light district. Although it's famous for some
risky behavior, there is much more to the city. Try out one of the district's fine
restaurants, small boutiques, or find more responsible entertainment at any of the places not lit up with red lights. For a faster way to venture through, rent a bicycle. You'll find that you can rent a bike nearly anywhere in the country.
5. Last but not least, you mustn't leave the country without trying some of its authentic Dutch cuisine. Bitterballen are crispy meatballs that are a favorite snack. You could try Pannekoeken, which are Dutch pancakes. If you would like to try pickled herring sandwiches, then be sure to order broodje haring. With your coffee or tea, you can order some Stroopwafels. These are thin wafer-like cookies. If you're still hungry for sweets, try Poffertjes or mini pancakes served with butter and powdered sugar.
Amsterdam has so much to offer so this is just a small sampling of what you could experience during your vacation.
Are you dreaming of a European vacation? We recommend Coasters & Castles Travel Vacation Specialists to help you with your next adventure.
Check out their website at http://www.travelcnc.com and click the button below to make your vacation dreams into reality.